More power, better traction, less shifting. Wolf Tooth oval chainrings use our proprietary PowerTrac design that has all the benefits of oval, but without the funky, uneven pedal stroke. Ride one once and you'll wonder why you waited so long to try oval.
Think of an oval chainring as two chainrings in one. A major benefit of oval is how the shape of the chainring alters your gearing in two important phases of your pedal stroke by harnessing your body's natural biomechanics. Here's how it works. The area of the chainring with the larger diameter engages with the chain at the optimal point on the downstroke, which is what's known as the Power Zone. If you were to look at a clock, the Power Zone would be between 1-5 and 7-11. Conversely, the Recovery Zone – back to the clock face, between 11-1 and 5-7 – is the weakest part of the pedal stroke, when the oval maximizes your efficiency. A 34T oval chainring behaves like a 36T chainring when you want power, while behaving like a 32T chainring when you're climbing.
We've also engineered our oval chainrings to provide smoother, more efficient pedal rotation. This equates to better traction because of steadier torque on the rear wheel. With a Wolf Tooth oval chainring, you can harness more of your strength in the Power Zone, while having easier pedaling in the Recovery Zone.
These chainrings are for Shimano GRX cranks. They feature our patented Drop-Stop® design for the best wear life, chain retention, and mud clearance. Drop-Stop ST is specifically for the Shimano 12-speed Hyperglide+ chain, which is used by GRX 12-speed. Drop Stop-B works with all other 9, 10, 11, and 12-spd chains, including SRAM Flattop.
- Shimano GRX cranksets including RX600 and RX810
- Drop-Stop ST is designed for Shimano 12-speed Hyperglide+ chains
- Drop-Stop B tooth profile is compatible with SRAM Flattop chain
- Wolf Tooth's patented Drop-Stop wide/narrow tooth profile provides the ultimate chain retention and mud-shedding ability
- Use Drop-Stop B for all SRAM Eagle, SRAM Road and Transmission (T-Type) Flattop chains, 9, 10, and 11spd chains or 12spd KMC, Connex, Wippermann, Campagnolo.
- Compatible 9, 10, 11, and 12s SRAM Eagle, 12s SRAM Transmission (T-type) Flattop, 12s Campy, 12s KMC
- Not compatible with 12s Shimano HG+ chains
- If you plan to ride in very muddy conditions, we recommend a chainguide or chainkeeper in addition to a clutch-type rear derailleur. Without these precautions, you may experience chaindrops and/or chainsuck.
- Weight: 38t/72g | 42t/92g | 46t/102g
- Material: 7075-T6 aluminum
- Chainline: 50mm (same as Shimano GRX chainrings)
- Made in the USA
|Black / 110 BCD Asymmetric 4-Bolt for Shimano GRX / 42T / Drop-Stop B||810006801736||OVAL-SH11042-GR|
|Black / 110 BCD Asymmetric 4-Bolt for Shimano GRX / 46T / Drop-Stop B||810006801743||OVAL-SH11046-GR||210000023347|